The Creative Curriculum® is research-based and supports the development of the whole child. High-quality, comprehensive resources empower educators to intentionally teach and care for our youngest learners during the most critical and formative years of development.
The Creative Curriculum® is…
Innovative: delivering cutting-edge resources that are unique, effective, and based on the latest research.
Responsive: including solutions that address educators’ challenges and help create a responsive learning environment.
Supportive: providing robust guidance to support each educator’s professional journey.
Comprehensive: aligning to all state early learning guidelines and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework
Developmentally Appropriate: promoting learning experiences designed for each age-group and flexibly tailored to each child’s needs with high-quality, research-based resources.
OBJECTIVES FOR DEVELOPMENT & LEARNING
Social/Emotional Development ▼
2. Establishes and sustains positive relationships
3. Participates cooperatively and constructively in group situations
5. Demonstrates balancing skills
6. Demonstrates gross-motor manipulative skills
7. Demonstrates fine-motor strength and coordination
9. Uses language to express thoughts and needs
10. Uses appropriate conversational and communication skills
12. Remembers and connects experiences
13. Uses classification skills
14. Uses symbols and images to represent something not present
16. Demonstrates Knowledge of the alphabet
17. Demonstrates knowledge of print and its uses
18. Comprehends and responds to books and other texts
19. Demonstrates emergent writing skills
21. Explores and describes spatial relationships and shapes
22. Compares and measures
23. Demonstrates knowledge of patterns
Science and Technology ▼
25. Demonstrates knowledge of the characteristics of living things
26. Demonstrates knowledge of the physical properties of objects and materials
27. Demonstrates knowledge of Earth’s environment
28. Uses tools and other technology to perform tasks
Social Studies ▼
30. Shows basic understanding of people and how they live
31. Explores change related to familiar people or places
32. Demonstrates simple geographic knowledge
The Arts ▼
34. Explore musical concepts and expressions
35. Explores dance and movement concepts
36. Explores drama through actions and language
Language Acquisition (Spanish) ▼
38. Demonstrates progress in speaking Spanish